Give that extra elf effort when decorating your float. Best parade float entry receives a $250 gift card and $100 gift card goes to 2nd place. Numerica Credit Union employees and partners will be judging this competition on the parade route. Good luck to all parade float entries.
Thousands of families attend the parade which means a lot of children eager to see Santa...and get candy. Volunteers will hand out pre-filled candy tote bags prior to the parade start time on December 7th .
In lieu of an entry fee, we encourage each entry to donate individually wrapped candy during the month of November.
Please drop off candy donations to the Kennewick Community Center (500 S. Auburn St.) Mon-Thur 8a-8p during the month of November.
If you are interested in being a volunteer for this event, please contact Sara Allington at 509.585.4345.
How many feet of space (approximately) will your parade entry take up in the staging area.
We have contacted the North Pole and confirmed Santa and Mrs. Claus are scheduled to be in attendance at the Numerica Hometown Holiday Parade. Please refrain from dressing like Santa for your parade entry as this could be confusing for our younger visitors.
IMPORTANT!!! In order to give your entry the best possible publicity from the announcing stand, in news stories, radio and television, it is important that you fill
out this form with as much detail as possible. City staff will contact you to gather additional information about your parade entry if necessary.
All parade entries are required to be decorated in holiday décor.
• The City of Kennewick reserves the right to remove from the parade,
either prior to assembly, at assembly, or any time during the parade, any entrant refusing to follow directions of police or parade committee
officials or volunteers.
• All entrants must be approved by the parade committee prior to the start of the parade.
• Alcoholic beverages and/or illegal substances are forbidden on any float or vehicle or on the person of any participant.
• No profanity is allowed along the parade route.
• No pamphlets, fliers or selling of items is allowed along the parade route.
• No discharging of firearms or simulated type of noise or fireworks is allowed.
• Forward motion must be maintained.
• Equestrian, floats and motorized vehicles are required to have insurance and testify to this by signing the application form.
• All entries will be notified of staging areas with confirmation letter.
• Maximum dimensions for floats: 16’ W x 13’H x 60’ L
• Towing hitches or similar must be easily accessible at all times
• Driver must have two means of escape
• Each float driver must have a valid driver‘s license, not be under the influence of alcohol and/or illegal substances and must have good vision.
• Fire Marshal may review all floats for safety.
• All entries must provide their own clean up.
• No Stallions.
• Any rider showing inability to control their horse will be removed from the parade.
I, the undersigned applicant am eighteen years of age or older and desire entry into the Historic Hometown Holiday Parade and am fully aware of the fact that there are special dangers and risks inherent in this activity, including, but not limited to, the risk of serious physical injury, death or other harmful consequences that may arise or result directly or indirectly to the company, group, or organization listed above or as a private individual entry from participation in this activity. Being fully informed as to these risks and in consideration of being allowed to participate in City of Kennewick sponsored activities, I/we hereby assume all risk of injury, damage and harm to any participant arising from such activities or use. I/we also hereby individually and on behalf of my/our heirs, executors and assigns, release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Member, its officials, employees, volunteers and agents and waive any right of recovery that I/we might have to bring a claim or a lawsuit against the City of Kennewick for any personal injury, death or other consequences occurring out of my/our voluntary participation in this activity.
I hereby consent to allow my picture or likeness to appear in any official document, Member website, sponsor advertisement and/or Member produced television coverage of this sponsored activity without compensation to me.
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you will be required to provide a traditional signature on your application prior to the date of the event.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field