Facilities & ParksReturn to Parks & Recreation
To view map, click on Map tab below.
To search by amenities, click on the Features button to the left, select which amenities you are looking for, then click Search.
602 S Columbia Center Boulevard
Kennewick, WA 99336
HANSEN PARK COMMUNITY GARDEN RULES:
1. Children under 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
2. There will be no stockpiling or composting of any material that is brought from outside the garden.
3. Gardeners are responsible for planting, cultivating, watering, fertilizing, weeding, caring for and harvesting the garden. The bed must be cleared at the end of each growing season.
4. Only organic herbicides, pesticides and fertilizers will be used in the garden. The Garden Coordinator, with the assistance from the Master Gardener mentor will determine what is organic.
5. If you are unable to care for your bed for a time, ask a fellow gardener to care for the bed.
6. Gardening must be contained within the defined space and plants should not invade walkways or other gardeners’ beds. Tall plants should be planted at the North end of the beds so they do not shade neighboring garden beds.
7. Garden beds may not be re-configured in any way.
8. Beds should not be used for storage of wood scraps, household items, tools, etc. Do not put rocks, weeds or other material in the pathways.
9. Water containers must be emptied daily; no open containers of water are allowed in the garden.
10. No power tools are allowed, e.g., weed eaters, tillers, etc.
11. Personal tools may not be left in the garden.
12. Do not leave hoses running unattended and be mindful of others needs of water. Roll up the hose, turn off the faucet, and relieve the pressure when done with the hose.
13. Gardeners are required to do communal garden chores such as construction, repair, fall clean up, spring clean up, weeding common areas, etc.
14. Illegal plants and plants on the State of Washington’s Noxious Weed List are not allowed.
15. Close the gate upon entering the garden and lock the gate upon leaving the garden unattended.
16. If you witness or experience garden theft or vandalism, please call the Kennewick Police non-emergency number 628-0333 or crime stoppers 586-8477. The City of Kennewick is not responsible for the loss of garden products, tools or equipment.
17. Smoking, alcohol, profanity, yelling and loud music are PROHIBITED.
18. Two warnings will be issued by the Garden Coordinator for beds that are unplanted, overgrown, or weedy, or other non-compliance with these garden rules. Failure to correct violation within one week of second notification will result in loss of garden privileges and re-assignment of your bed without access to crops. The gardener must return their key.
19. BE A GOOD NEIGHBOR to your fellow gardeners, to those that live around the garden, and to the families that use the adjoining park. Help keep the garden neat and clean.
20. All weeds, diseased plants, and insect infested plants must be disposed in the trash; not placed in the compost pile.
21. These Rules and any changes to them will be reviewed by the Garden Committee and approved by the City of Kennewick.