When is an architect required?

All  buildings over 4,000 s.f.and any residential building with more than 4 dwelling units must be drawn and stamped by a Washington State Licensed architect. 

Show All Answers

1. What work requires a Building Permit?
2. When is an architect required?
3. Are the Building Codes available on line?
4. Where is an emergency escape and rescue opening require?
5. What are the size requirements for an emergency escape and rescue opening?
6. Are window wells required for emergency escape and rescue openings below grade?
7. How long is a building permit valid?
8. Can an expired permit be re-activated?
9. Is a building permit required for a retaining wall?
10. How long does it take to get a permit?
11. Where is safety glazing (glass) required?
12. Can a building be moved into or within the City of Kennewick?
13. How many layers of roofing may I have on my residential or commercial buildings?
14. Do I need a permit for a residential fence?
15. Do I need a permit for to replace or add a water heater?
16. Is the Climate and Geological design criteria available online?
17. Are foundation only permits available?
18. What items are reviewed for an a Residential Plan Review?