How do we recycle our Christmas tree?
Kennewick and Benton County residents can take their Christmas trees to the Waste Management transfer station at the corner of Ely Street and 27th Avenue, where they will be accepted, free, through January. Hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays.
For more information or to be sure the transfer station is open, call 509-582-5121.
To simply discard the tree, call Waste Management at 509-582-5121 and schedule a bulky item pickup, which will cost about $20.

Show All Answers

1. Does a particular address have City sewer or water hooked up to it or access to those services?
2. Does the City of Kennewick have any job openings?
3. How do I get information on a recreation classes / programs, pool, scholarships, employment and volunteer opportunities?
4. How do I get information on renting city facilities (fields, gazebos, City facilities and buildings)?
5. I have a concern about a mess on a property or other code violations.
6. How do I apply for a marriage license?
7. I need to talk to someone about my electric bill.
8. My water meter is broken or I have a water leak.
9. Questions about garbage bill accounts, payments, pick up, etc.
10. There is a dead animal in the street. What do I do?
11. Water or sewer account / billing sign up, change or payment.
12. What are the requirements for draining a pool or spa?
13. What do I do if the trees on private property are growing into the power lines?
14. How do I obtain an absentee ballot?
15. I have a question about Garbage Service.
16. How do we recycle our Christmas tree?
17. Are there coupons for the City Dump?
18. Is there a Senior Citizen Reduced discount for Waste Collection?
19. Does the City add fluoride to the water?
20. Water quality questions - fluoride in water, PH of water, water hardness, etc.
21. How do I report graffiti?
22. Where do I get a liquor license for a nonprofit fundraiser?
23. Where do I get a liquor license for a wedding, event, etc.?
24. Are permits required for yard sales?
25. How do I obtain a copy of a birth or death certificate?
26. Whom should I speak with if I have questions about drainfields for septic tank systems?