Kennewick's Comprehensive Plan is the basis for all land use planning and growth management actions in the City.
The Comprehensive Plan:
- Guides decisions on land use, transportation, housing, economic development and the environment
- May result in updates to zoning and development regulations (to be consistent with the Plan)
- Meets requirements of the State Growth Management Act
- Serves as a blueprint for the future
- Sets level of service standards for facilities (roads, parks, etc.) and how to pay for them