Shop Kennewick is an initiative of the city and Historic Downtown Kennewick Partnership to raise awareness of the benefits of patronizing local businesses.
Why Shop Local First?
- Shopping local helps employ our neighbors; retains tax dollars to support police, schools and services; and builds a healthy self-sustaining economy.
- Of the 86 cents tax collected per $10 retail purchase in Kennewick, about 65 cents goes to the State of Washington to help fund education and programs that benefit our region. The other 21 cents is shared by the City of Kennewick, Benton County and Ben Franklin Transit to help fund police, fire and safety services; roads and infrastructure; and the features that make Kennewick a great place to live, work and play.
- Build community: The casual encounters you enjoy at neighborhood businesses build relationships and community cohesiveness & they're the ultimate social networking sites!
- Reciprocal value: Local businesses are most likely to donate money and services to local non-profits, events, teams and activities.
- When you travel to businesses located near your home, less demand on roads and pollution indirectly affects taxes.
Join the Movement!
Follow Shop Kennewick on Facebook and Twitter and use #ShopKennewick in your social media posts to support the campaign. Content should be relevant to retail shopping in Kennewick, of interest to the general public, appropriate for all ages, and comply with Historic Downtown Kennewick Partnership social media posting guidelines.
Participation provides a shared platform to raise awareness of local products and services. "Shop Kennewick" marketing resources are available at no charge from the Historic Downtown Kennewick Partnership:
Email the Partnership
Partnership Phone: 509-582-7221.