Upcoming Planning Commission Meeting
The Planning Commission regular meeting on April 19, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. will be conducted via a virtual meeting platform.
Register to Attend Meeting (allows registration for commenting at the meeting)
Submitting Written Comments
- The City asks all members of the public that would like to submit comments regarding items under Public Hearings to fill out an online form at https://www.go2kennewick.com/PCPublicHearing no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 16, 2021 to be included in the Planning Commission packet for the record.
- If you'd like to comment regarding items not listed under Public Hearings please fill out an online form at https://www.go2kennewick.com/PCPublicComment no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 16th to be included in the Planning Commission packet for the record.
- Interested parties may also submit written comments to P.O. Box 6108, Kennewick, WA 99336; or e-mail Steve.Donovan@ci.kennewick.wa.us for CPA 20-06, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for COZ 21-05, or e-mail Anthony.email@example.com for Shoreline Master Program no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 16th to be included in the Planning Commission packet for the record.
- Thomas Helgeson (term expires 2025)
- Anthony Moore (term expires 2022)
- Victor Morris (term expires 2025)
- Ken Short (term expires 2025)
- Clark Stolle (term expires 2024)
- James Hempstead (term expires 2023)
Planning Commission is a seven-member body appointed by City Council as advisors on matters relating to land use, economic development, infrastructure, and urban design.
The Commission has responsibility for reviewing and making recommendations to Council on proposed amendments to the City's comprehensive plan policies and land use plan map. The plan is reviewed annually and revised to provide for the City's continued growth in ways to create and preserve a more healthful, serviceable and attractive municipality and environment.
Additionally, the Commission makes recommendations to the Council on proposed changes to the zoning map and zoning code.