Parks & Recreation Commission
- 6:00 p.m.
- 4th Thursday monthly (as posted in the Agenda Center), except November and December (unless timely matters require action).
- Kennewick City Hall Council Chambers
210 W 6th Ave
Kennewick, WA 99336
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes.
Meetings will be held virtually using Zoom effective October 2020. The link will be posted the week of the upcoming meeting.
- To Join the October 28, 2021 Zoom Meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89658245974
- Meeting ID: 896 5824 5974
- Dial by your location +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
- Ken Hahn, Chairman (term expires 3/31/2023)
- Dean Aeling (term expires 3/31/2025)
- Jack Anderson (term expires 3/31/2024)
- Ty Fischer (term expires 3/31/25)
- Robb Heston (term expires 3/31/2023)
- Linda Stroben, Vice Chair (term expires 3/31/2022)
- Jim Millbauer, City Council Liaison
The Parks and Recreation Commission is a seven-member body that works with the City of Kennewick's Parks and Recreation Department to provide citizen input into the City's recreational and park land needs.
The Parks and Recreation Department is charged with the responsibility of maintaining and developing City owned park land; managing recreation facilities such as the Southridge Sports & Events Complex, Keewaydin Community Center, and swimming pool; administering recreational programs; and coordinating community events. In addition to coordinating adult and youth activities, the department also partners with local organizations to increase the quality of life for City of Kennewick citizens through programs and events.
Commission responsibilities include:
- Advising and making recommendations to the City Council for the management, control, improvements and beautification of all City park land.
- Periodically review if the land being used for park purposes is adequate and recommend to the City Council when additional land should be acquired to maintain level of service.
- Study and appraise recreational needs for residents, and provide reports to the City Council on the effectiveness of recreation activities.