- 6:00 p.m.
- 2nd Wednesday of every month
- Kennewick City Hall
210 W 6th Avenue
Clearwater Conference Room
Kennewick, WA 99336
- [email protected]
Agendas and MinutesAgendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes.
PLEASE NOTE: Meeting rescheduled for Wed., February 15, 2017
Due to inclement weather, the Kennewick Arts Commission regularly scheduled meeting of Feb. 8th, was cancelled. This has been rescheduled to Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 6:00 p.m., Kennewick City Hall Cascade Conference Room.
To View Vacancies & Complete On-Line Application
- Linda Moran, Chair (term expires 2018)
- Jason Watson, Vice Chair (term expires 2017)
- 11/1/16 position open (term expires 2018)
- Candice Bluechel (term expires 2019)
- Barb Carter (term expires 2019)
- Abigail DeSteese (term expires 2018)
- Doug Gast (term expires 2018)
- Jenna Higley (term expires 2019)
- Paul Scharold (term expires 2017)
The Arts Commission serves to enhance and enrich the quality of life of Kennewick residents and visitors by fostering an artistic environment that develops a sense of community as it creates a number of public venues that instill a sense of place along with an opportunity to have fun.
- Make recommendations to the City Council in matters pertaining to the acceptance, procurement, and placement of public art.
- Promote and encourage public programs to further the development and public awareness of public art.
- Seek and encourage financial support, including grants, donations, fund-raising, activities, loans, and guarantees for public art.
- Set priorities for any available funding by conducting a public art inventory and assessment of pre-existing city-owned public artworks, and by developing a public art master plan.
- Consider potential sites, review site proposals, and recommends to the City Council for approval appropriate site selections for the placement and display of artwork for the City's public art program.
- Establish an effective liaison between the City and local and regional art groups.
The Arts Commission has been tasked with helping find appropriate public art for new roundabouts, to comply with the Public Art Plan.
The City of Kennewick does not expend additional funding for roundabout art. Rather, funding is a reallocation of money that would be normally spent for items such as basalt columns, grass, plants and other landscaping in the roundabout. The purpose of the placement of art is to reduce maintenance costs while providing an appealing amenity for residents and visitors.
Click here to view the Kennewick Art Map.
Click here to view interactive map
Questions or inquiries directed at the Arts Commission can be sent to our commission via email.