The Civil Division acts as the legal advisor and legal representation to the City Council, City Manager, administrative staff, all departments, boards, and commissions. The City Attorney may also represent the City in litigation. Responsibilities include preparation and review of contracts and agreements, ordinances and resolutions presented to City Council, training and counseling of city staff on legal considerations for departmental operations. Civil Division staff is also responsible for maintaining the Kennewick Municipal Code and Kennewick Administrative Code.
- Can the Kennewick City Attorney’s Office provide me representation, legal advice, or a legal referral to help me in my civil dispute or family law matter?
- I am having a dispute with my landlord over the conditions of my property, something he or she is doing or refusing to do, or other practices I feel are unjust. Will you please help me?
- I am having problems with a tenant and would like to start eviction procedures. How can I do that?
- I am having a dispute with a neighbor over a vegetation crossing over onto my property. Do I have the right to cut down or kill the vegetation that is over my property line?
- How do I open a recreational marijuana retail store in Kennewick?