Parks and Recreation Volunteers
Volunteers are the heart of our department. They help keep our parks beautiful and our recreation centers humming with activity. They share their skills, contribute their time, and enhance our lives. Volunteers contribute approximately 25,000 plus service hours each year. Individuals and groups share their talents and expertise by participating in recreation programs, at the Keewaydin Community Center or park beautification projects like “Arbor Day,” and numerous other daily activities and special events.
We are currently accepting groups of 20 or more for volunteer projects in our parks. Please Email Parks and Recreation if you have a group that is interested in a park project.
For recreation program volunteer opportunities please Email Greg Sambrano.
Recreation Program Opportunities
- Coaches - Basketball, softball, volleyball, soccer
- Special Events Assistance
- Entertainers - Singers, musicians, dancers, M.C.s, arts and theater
- Instructors - Crafts, fitness classes, seminars, etc.
- Kitchen help - Food serving/dining room help, meal delivery drivers (Meals on Wheels)
- Service Providers
Parks and Facilities/List of Projects
- Landscape areas – roses, tree planting, shrub trim or removal, weed/vegetation removal, debris removal, turf/sod prep, spread rock/bark
- Park facilities – painting restrooms, graffiti removal, playground fall material spreading, bench install, picnic shelter painting, kiosk cleaning, cedar or chain-link projects
- Trails and paths – Bridge crossings for trails, vegetation cleanup, garbage & debris cleanup, trail and path retaining walls, fill with wood chips, graffiti removal
- Garden Areas – Rose garden seasonal cleaning and maintenance, border install, mechanical weed control
- Play structures and skate parks – graffiti removal, garbage clean up, painting of ramps