Special Events & Tournaments
Planning an event/activity in a City park or facility?If your event is private with less than 100 people and does not include alcohol, bounce houses, amplified sound, or any other high-risk activities, you are welcome to reserve a space online or in-person at one of our registration sites.
If your event meets any of the below criteria, the City considers you a special event and therefore will require a Special Event Permit and other required items:
- Expecting 100 or more people
- Serving alcohol
- Using amplified sound
- Contains high-risk activities such as a bounce house, rock-climbing wall, petting zoo, etc.
Applying for a Special Event PermitTo ensure your event is safe and successful, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Thoroughly review the Special Event Permit Guide.
Step 2: Submit the online Special Event Permit Application and pay initial fees to the Special
Events Office a minimum of 120 days prior to your proposed date.
Step 3: Schedule a meeting with the Special Events Coordinator to discuss event details.
Step 4: Submit all required documentation, insurance certificates, and fees a minimum of 30 days prior to your event.
Step 5: Schedule a final walkthrough with the Special Event Coordinator a minimum of 14 days prior to your event.
Contact the Special Events Office at 585-4293 or email for more information.
Special Events/Tournament Documents
- Special Events Permit Guide
- Parks and Rec Event Guidelines
- 2024 Fee Schedule
- Insurance Worksheet
- Sample Insurance Certificate and Endorsements
- Site Map Templates
- Basic Safety Information
- Emergency Management Plan Template
- Run of Show Example
- Run of Show Template
- Hwy 240 Reader Board Use Application
- Hwy 395 Reader Board Use Application
- Columbia Park East - Rentable Spaces (Green)