The City Attorney is the legal advisor to the City Manager, administrative staff, and City Council. Responsibilities include:
- Preparing and reviewing of all contracts, ordinances and resolutions presented to City Council for consideration
- Counseling staff about legal matters within their respective departmental operations
- Representing the City in litigation
Assistant Attorneys' Responsibilities
The Assistant City Attorneys primarily prosecute misdemeanor cases for the City of Kennewick. Other responsibilities include:
- Advise police officers and City departments
- Review reports for charging decisions
- Conduct case settlement negotiations
- Prepare cases for trial and try cases in court
The City Attorney’s office is responsible for updating the Kennewick Municipal Code and the Kennewick Administrative Code.
How May We Serve You?
- I have questions about a civil matter.
- I have been charged with a criminal offense.
- I am a victim or witness in a criminal offense.
- I received a traffic infraction.
- I have a question about animal control or an animal nuisance.
- I am a business who received a bad check from a customer.
- I am a rental supply or rent-to-own business who has a loss of property (PDF).
- I have a question about the marijuana laws in the City of Kennewick?