US395/Ridgeline Drive Intersection (P1402-21)
This project involves the construction of an interchange at the intersection of US395/Ridgeline Drive, which includes an undercrossing structure for Ridgeline Drive to cross under US395.
With the significant amount of growth in the Southridge area, a secon US395 intersection is needed between I-82 and Hildebrand Rd. Currently the Ridgeline Drive intersection with US395 is restricted to not allow left turns out from Ridgeline onto US395. This restricts the ability of adjacent properties to successfully develop without the benefit of easy access to and from their properties.
A traffic signal at US395/Ridgeline is not practical due to the steep grade of US395 and the amount of truck traffic that uses this route.
In partnership with the Washington State Department of Transportation, an underpass interchange was chosen for this location. The project includes:
- Ridgeline Drive crossing underneath US395
- On and off ramps at this location
- An additional northbound US395 lane from Ridgeline to north of Hildebrand
- New turning lanes at all four legs of the US395/Hildebrand intersection
Est. End Date:
|Fall of 2022|
|Connecting Washington funds, National Highway Freight Program funds, and a Public Works Trust fund loan from the State|
Key Schedule Milestones (subject to change)
- The northbound shoulder of US395 will be closed first, and an emergency response access between US395 and Bofer Canyon Road will be constructed. Extensive excavation east of 395 to relocate Bofer Canyon Road will begin approximately April 5. Benton PUD facilities and City 16” water line will be relocated between Bofer Canyon Road and the Christenson/Southridge intersection.
- US395 traffic will then be diverted to the east in a bypass route (1 northbound lane and 2 southbound lanes), with traffic moved onto the constructed diversion route approximately September 1.
- Once traffic is detoured, the undercrossing of US395 will be excavated and constructed, along with the southbound on/off ramps at Ridgeline. This work will continue through the winter until May 2022.
- Around the beginning of May 2022 traffic will be moved back onto the main US395 route. The detour bypass will be removed, the northbound on/off ramps will be constructed, the additional northbound 395 lane will be constructed, the Zintel/Ridgeline roundabout will be constructed, and the US395/Hildebrand intersection expansion and new traffic signal work will all take place - all during the summer of 2022.
- Final paving and striping work will be performed, and the project is estimated to be completed in September 2022.
Last updated 3/26/2021