Rent and Utilities Assistance
The Tri-Cities HOME Consortium, member Cities Kennewick, Pasco and Richland have awarded $700,000 to Benton Franklin Community Action Committee (CAC) to administer an Emergency, Short-Term, Tenant Based Rental Assistance Program helping low income-qualified families and individuals living in Kennewick, Pasco or Richland who are experiencing a financial hardship due to COVID-19 with rent and utilities assistance.
The program will provide past-due and/or upcoming rent and utility, per qualifying household.
Payment will be made directly to the household’s provider.
To be eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The household experienced hardship directly related to COVID-19.
- The household is unable to pay a portion of or none of their rent and/or utilities.
- The household has a City of Richland, Kennewick or Pasco address.
- Household income in January 2020 was at or below 60% of the Kennewick, Pasco Richland AMI limits, established annually by U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and stated below.
- The household does NOT have savings to meet their financial need.
- The household has eligible immigration status (U.S. citizen/U.S. National, lawful permanent resident/conditional permanent resident, registry immigrant, a refugee/person seeking asylum or granted asylum).
All applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will have the opportunity to be selected to receive assistance.
Applications will be processed on a first-come, first eligible served basis until December 31, 2020 or until funds are exhausted, whichever occurs first.
For additional information contact Benton Franklin Community Action Committee at (509)545-4042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.