City Response to COVID-19
- CARES Act Community Grant Support Program
- Temporary Restaurant/Retail Outdoor Expansion
- City Offices Temporarily Closed
- Submit Safe Start Inquiries
- Report a Safe Start Violation
- Modified City Council Meetings: City Council will defer non-essential legislative items and condense essential legislative items into a modified schedule.
- Commission and Committee Meetings: All meetings will be deferred until the conclusion of the Governor’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy order unless otherwise noted on the City calendar.
- Determining Occupancy Load when reopening your business.
Health & Safety Information
- Washington’s "Safe Start" Plan
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Washington State Coronavirus Response
- Washington State Department of Health
- Benton-Franklin Health District
Kennewick is Open for Business
Do you have a business to add to our list?
The Stay Home, Stay Healthy order requiring social distancing measures will help slow the spread of COVID-19, but they will create a hardship for some citizens.
To help residents, the City has suspended water shut-offs for non-payment of City utility bills. We are continuing to bill utility accounts on the regular two-month billing cycle and statements are due 15 days from the billing date. Late notices are being issued for accounts two weeks past due, which includes a $10 late fee when notices are processed. Payment options include our automated phone system, website, and drop box located in the east parking lot of City Hall.
By contacting the City prior to an account going past due, the late notice would not issue and $10 late fee would not be assessed.
Below is a list of additional resources:
- Washington State Department of Financial Institutions - guide for families who need financial assistance
- Washington State Employment Security Department – information regarding employment assistance
- Benton County Emergency Housing Program - funds available for eviction prevention for persons that have faced difficulty due to the COVID-19 pandemic.