The Citizen’s Academy is a free, interactive program focused on informing citizens about the City’s governmental processes. The Academy is open to any city resident, but class size is limited to 25 people. An application must be completed.
Elected officials, department directors and other staff will host the unique and informative sessions that will provide area residents an opportunity to gain exposure to the wide range of government services, programs, functions and challenges.
The Citizen's Academy is currently being held Tuesday, May 7th 5:15 - 8:00, May 9th and May 16th 6:00 - 8:30.
2013 - Citizen's Academy Presentations:
Parks and Recreation
Familiarize local residents with the various functions of Kennewick’s government; encourage participants to get involved; enhance their ability to navigate through the complex system of government services, and provide an avenue for open communication with City officials.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how Kennewick works
- Meet elected officials and staff members
- Learn how you can become engaged in public affairs
- Discuss successes and challenges with elected leaders and staff
- Help build a better community